(Please ignore the Course Catalog Description above--it is outdated. See the Class Description and Syllabus below for the course content. --Yi 08/2022)
This course will teach you skills to find, download, manipulate, combine, and organize quantitative data to answer policy questions in efficient ways.
After successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Determine where to find data for policy-related topics.
2. Clean and manipulate 2nd hand data sets to answer policy-related questions.
3. Automate table-making for descriptive statistics and regression results.
4. Produce publication-quality figures that help you to answer policy-related questions.
4. Manage your data effectively and ensure the reproducibility of your research.
The software applications used in this class include Excel, Stata, and Adobe Illustrator.