PA 5080 is also offered in Spring 2024
PA 5080 is also offered in Fall 2023
PA 5080 is also offered in Spring 2023
PA 5080 is also offered in Fall 2022
PA 5080 is also offered in Spring 2022
PA 5080 is also offered in Fall 2021
PA 5080 is also offered in Spring 2021
PA 5080 is also offered in Fall 2020
Spring 2023 | PA 5080 Section 001: Capstone Preparation Workshop (57555)
- Class Component:
- 1 Credit
- Grading Basis:
- S-N only
- Instructor Consent:
- No Special Consent Required
- Instruction Mode:
- Completely Online
- Times and Locations:
Virtual Rooms ONLINEONLY
- Enrollment Status:
Open (16 of 30 seats filled)
- Also Offered:
- Course Catalog Description:
- Project management, qualitative research, and critical framework to complete Capstone course. Students write draft of client project group norms and client contract.
- Class Notes:
- 4/4/2023 session will be REMOTE (synchronously online). All other work will be COMPLETELY ONLINE (asynchronously online). PA 5080:1 is required for students who will enroll in the Summer 2023 PA 8081. http://classinfo.umn.edu/?ksgerdes+PA5080+Spring2023
- Class Description:
- NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE ENROLLED IN THE CAPSTONE COURSE (PA 8081) IN THE SEMESTER FOLLOWING THIS CLASS. STUDENTS MUST PLAN TO ATTEND THIS CAPSTONE PREPARATION WORKSHOP WITH YOUR CAPSTONE TEAMMATES, AS THE WORKSHOP ALLOWS FOR TEAM INTERACTION TO PLAN THEIR CAPSTONE PROJECT FOR THE NEXT SEMESTER. The purpose of this Capstone Preparation Workshop is to provide information, resources, and tools to help Capstone teams successfully plan for and complete Capstone projects that they will complete during the Capstone course. The Capstone Preparation Workshop focuses on the elements of defining the problem/opportunity, articulating research questions, designing a data collection plan, planning for project management, communicating with your client, and working together as a team to engage successfully in understanding your Capstone project.
- Who Should Take This Class?:
- Only students who are enrolled in the following Capstone course (PA 8081) in the semester following this one.
- Learning Objectives:
- Grading is S/N.
- Class Format:
- 15% Lecture
75% Small Group Activities
10% Guest Speakers This course will be run like a workshop, with limited lecture and maximum time allowed for teams to formulate their Capstone project.
- Much of the class time in this course will be offered for your Capstone team to complete work that will establish a plan and direction for your Capstone project.
- Instructor Supplied Information Last Updated:
- 28 April 2022
ClassInfo Links - Spring 2023 Public Affairs Classes